23 March 2012

Boobs & boob holders

Since I've been having boob woes, and all of my bras are ill-fitting nowadays, I bit the bullet and went bra shopping. Oh, bra shopping! Nobody over a B-cup likes you.

Akhtar, since you're my only male reader, I'll make this post worth your while. If you even keep reading.




First stop was Victoria's Secret. Generally I do not buy bras from there, because they don't have a lot of in-store selection in my size (32dd for anyone who is wondering).

But, I had a coupon. So I found a couple and tried them on and they fit perfectly. Hm. I guess my boobs didn't shrink after all. More on that later.

They had an event going on, so in addition to the $10 off coupon, I got a makeup bag full of products and a free pair of panties. That's $60 worth of stuff free. And I love makeup bags. This one has sequins. I also got one of those reward cards of unknown value that I can use in April. I love Victoria's Secret. They really hook you up.

So. The boob issue. They are definitely noticeably smaller. Even Chris said so. But since I wear the same bra size as I usually do, I have a few theories as to what's going on.

1. They are the same size, but have gotten saggier, leading to them looking a little smaller. This theory is my least favorite but also the most probable.

2. The change in birth control has made them less... full. At certain times of the month I used to gain a cup size and have to wear a whole different set of bras, but now they're pretty much the same size all the time. No fluctuations. Sorry, Chris. No more magic boob growth every couple of weeks.

3. My current bras are at least 5 years old. So they've seen better days. They're not going to give good support and hoist those babies up to where they're supposed to be. So in comparison to the stretched out bras, they seem smaller.

In the end, I got 3 bras. One black, one nude, and one hot pink.

Which leads me to my next set of questions, and I'm really curious about other people's habits:

How many bras do you own? 
How many do you actually wear on a regular basis?
How many times do you wear a bra before you wash it?

As for myself, I own about 10. I wear 4 or 5 regularly. I try not to wear the same one two days in a row. I have a few for sexy time only, not for daily use. There are a couple that I have but never wear, and don't know why I still have them.

Don't judge me... I don't wash my bras very often. Honestly, unless they've gotten smelly or visibly dirty, I wash them a few times a year. I always give them a sniff test before putting them on, and they always seem to smell fine.
Sports bras (or other bras designated for when I know I'm going to get sweaty) are of course washed more often.

P.S. Victoria's Secret is doing that 7/$26 panty thing again this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I just did a quick count, and I have 15 bras! I really only wear about 3 of them - 2 of those being of the boring nude color variety. I always try to NOT wear nude, but it's just not okay to have polka dots showing through my shirt - especially since I work with kids! Even solid colored bra's always seem to show through. It very much annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how many bras I have (probably 5-6) but I know I only wear 2 of them. I'm like you, I don't wash them that often. Do a sniff test and if they stink, throw it in the wash.

    And for the record, girls with small boobies don't like bra shopping either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have about 7-9 bras. I wear like, 3. (white, red and leopard print) And I'm pretty sure you and I have had the talk on how often we wash them, even if our men think it is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so let me start with a slow rousing applause for the blog post and the comment thus far...

    clap..........clap......clap...clap, clap clap clap clap clap...standing ovation...

    now that thats out of my system...

    i for one dont think its gross that you don't wash casual bras as often as people think you should but my reasoning is that for the most part women are genuinely cleaner and nicely smelling almost all the time...unless you are sweating like an amazon rainforest. i know you well enough to assume you would find it iccky and wash anything that was funky...what surprises me is the # of bras women own and the # actually used...

    i understand some have different purposes and what have you...but it seems like you tend to find the more comfortable ones and just HANG ON for dear life lol...

    next up, as for the shrinkage, sagging and what not...lets not forget that you could just be loosing weight...all that standing on your feet or what have you could have just re-shaped your body somehow and although your boobs are the same size, the fit could be off...but what do i know...i only look at boobs all the time lol...

    now for the questions portion...i dont own any, nor do i wear any...i believe in au natural! sexy right?

    and lastly...everytime you talk about bras or pantys and attach links...its just the best thing in the world...I FEEL LESS PERVY since i didnt look it up directly but was rather directed to it...WINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hv tiny boobs and gravely wish to increase my cup size without going under knives. Anyone having any suggestion plz post

    ReplyDelete