25 March 2012

coffee & tea

You can hate on it all you want, but I love my afternoon snack & tea.

So I refuse to get a smart phone. Instead I got a smart coffeemaker. I feel like it's the right decision.

Everyone says I need to upgrade my POS phone. I don't give a crap about a fancy phone. I'll just drop it, and be pissed that I broke it. I also have absolutely no desire to be constantly attached to my email and facebook. On the other hand, I've been talking about wanting a Keurig for months.

I haven't really mentioned these things to Chris. I just told him I randomly got a Keurig.
He asked how much it cost.
I said, "Do I have to tell you?"
He said yes. Poop. I was hoping he'd say no.

Lately I've been wanting to start talking about money and finances, making sure we have a plan, and making sure we're on the same page, so that when we get married hopefully it's not a huge issue. Because that's like the number one thing couples fight about. In my head he will make all the bill-paying money so that my paycheck is free for me to spend on things like fancy Keurigs and shoes. Sugahh daddyyyyy. Yeah, I know. Back to reality.

He didn't seem too thrilled when I told him how much it was, haha. Even when I told him I got 20% off (heck yes Bed Bath & Beyond and your awesome coupons). He wasn't exactly mad, just didn't have much to say about it. I guess it's my fault for pushing the "let's talk about our spending habits" issue. Right before I go on a spending binge. I have been spending a lot of money lately. And I'm supposed to be paying off debt.

However.

The way I see it, if I had a smart phone, along with a smart phone plan like everyone in America, I'd be paying the equivalent of a new Keurig... every month. ...almost.

I get up at 4am. I need good coffee at the push of a button.  Need.

Enough justifying the purchase.

Ooohhhhh It's glorious!

This morning all I had to do was zombie-shuffle into the kitchen and touch a couple of buttons. And on my way to work, I tasted the first really good cup of coffee I've had before work in a longgg time. It was strong, it was tasty, and there were no random coffee grounds finding their way between my teeth.

I've made exactly two cups of coffee and two cups of tea. I'm currently trying to come up with a copycat starbucks bottled frappuccino recipe, since they're so delicious and not exactly cheap. I'm looking forward to working with a consistent cup of coffee as I play with the recipe.

I have a feeling I will be very well-caffeinated for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment