28 March 2012

NOT about tea or coffee

I just received a phone call from Ashley asking if CVS sold wine. I said I was pretty sure they do.
She replies, "Ok, I figured that was something you would know."

Nice.

My newest I-live-in-my-parents'-garage-and-it's-a-little-bit-ghetto story:

It used to rain in the bathroom, now it rains in the kitchen. Observe: the pot to catch the drips. It's not even raining that hard...


Ate some really old salad for lunch. Most of my food had to be thrown out because I didn't properly close the refrigerator door on my way to work yesterday morning, and I came home to room-temperature contents. Yay!

So I found this pre-packaged salad in the bottom of mom's fridge and took that. The use-by date was a week ago, but I didn't have anything else. The lettuce part looked ok, but the (sealed separately) chicken, bacon and tomatoes were a little rank. And upon close inspection there were distinct bacterial colonies growing on the tomatoes.

So I threw those out, ordered a plain grilled chicken breast from the cafeteria, and added it to the lettuce. Mediocre lunch but it worked. Except now I have a feeling the lettuce was a bad idea as well, because the belly is not feeling too well. When in doubt throw it out, people!

Anyway, I have a date with the heating pad and my kindle until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment