03 March 2012

situations

Spent the better part of the morning laying in bed and paying bills. And washing the sheets after a cat puke situation.

Spent the next part of the morning and early afternoon trying to figure out if my Aunt shot my Uncle last night. We caught a news story about a woman shooting her husband last night on that area of the neighborhood. Considering their history, it's an seriously plausible occurrence. A "Good for her, good riddance" occurrence. Calls to my Aunt and my cousins went unanswered. So we went for a quick drive to check out my Aunt's house, then to my Uncle's house, looking for crime scene tape or their cars. And figuring out how to come up with bail money if she was in jail. Yeah, I know, we're dorks. But like I said, we would not be surprised if it had happened.

Eventually my Aunt called us back; not from jail but from bed, sleeping off a hangover. Her response to our inquiries? "Not today!"

Then this afternoon I'm laying down to take a nap, and happen to be chewing some gum. Suddenly I chewed something crunchy. Alarmed, I spit the grainy thing out and examined it. Shiny silver. A piece of filling! I can feel which tooth it broke off of with my tongue. Nice and jagged. And subsequently exposed cavity from 10 years ago. Nice.

My mouth has decided to self-destruct all at once. And the insurance company and dentist keep giving me the runaround so I haven't even been able to make an appointment. I might just have to use my tax return and get some of this stuff done sans insurance. I mean, time is of the essence here. I'm going to end up with a mouth full of root canals. Fuck. Don't put off your dental work, people.

On a funner note, I got to talk to Chris today. I told him I found my dress, and he got all excited and wanted to know what it looked like. I told him heck no! He'd have to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment