05 March 2012

Paintball

Let me start by saying that I feel like how much you enjoy paintball is inversely proportional to how afraid you are to get hit. My previous experience with paintball was accidentally stepping on one in Chris' closet and making the carpet pink.

Going out for a fun day and coming home with nasty bruises that last for weeks? Um, sure?

If paintball were painless, or maybe a little painful with no lasting effects, I'd be the most baller person out there.

That being said, I did have a good time.

The first round of paintball went like this: We put on our masks that kinda made us look like storm troopers. The whistle blew, and I ran behind a clump of trees with some random people in camouflage. (P.S. Just because they are wearing camouflage does not automatically mean they are hardcore.) Since I could not see anyone, I just kinda stood there, bored. I could see my friends a little ways ahead behind a fence, and when when they left the field, I left too. I fired one shot- a test shot before the game started.

The rest of the games were more fun; I actually shot my gun and moved around, not that I actually hit anyone. It was more like random firing in the general direction of people I couldn't really see. I was "hit" by a ricochet that kinda passively splattered on my shoulder. That was the extent of my personal carnage.

When I saw the welts and bruises on my friends' bodies after the games, I was glad I wasn't hit. I did enjoy the fresh air and light exercise, and it was a beautiful day. It was very amusing seeing how and where some of my more adventurous friends (re: everyone esle) got hit.

Would I go again? Sure. But I wouldn't make it a regular event.

No comments:

Post a Comment