24 March 2012

coffee, fashion, etc

Today is the day that I think I will buy myself a Keurig. I love the one my parents have.

On the weekends I enjoy perfect keurig coffee, but on the weekdays I get coffee from my little Mr. Coffee, whose quality varies depending on how I prepare it. After making coffee every single day for years, I still can't make a consistent cup of coffee. I want good coffee every day, especially weekdays!

I am torn between which style I want, because I want to be able to make a 6-oz cup, but I also want one with the water reservoir. The only ones which have both of those features are the more expensive ones. Hmm. I will have to compromise somewhere.

(And yes, Akhtar, buying a $120 coffee maker is totally justifiable, but buying that coveted $120 shower curtain is not, haha.)

Speaking of expensive shower curtains, last night I got to attend a fashion show at Anthropologie. For the record, that store is AMAZING. AMAZINGGGG.

The fashion show was for their new spring stuff, which was neat. The models were real people; employees, past employees, and good customers. The outfits were great, but the best part was the hospitality. Free (and free-flowing) booze and snacks. And I manged to make it out with my credit card tucked safely in my wallet. Akhtar took some really great pictures, seen here. Everyone looks so pretty. **Suzy! We took a picture- they have an owl pitcher that pours out of the mouth**

This is my favorite picture that he took of me. Double fisting pretend tea and real wine, my two favorite things to drink! I almost bought that cup, but then decided against it.


After we had a fun dinner (I have leftover fish tacos, yes!) I got to chat with Chris for a while. We are getting better at talking on the phone; neither of us really being phone people, sometimes we're just kinda like, mkay I don't really want to be on the phone anymore. Not that we don't have great conversations, but we tend to be comfortably quiet a lot. That's hard to do on the phone. Nevertheless, we ended up talking for over an hour, and it was nice to reconnect.

He keeps having random dreams that I'm cheating on him, then I make a videotape and send it to him and make him watch it. Like in the movie Jarhead. First of all, this is not a movie. Second of all, of course I would never do that, for about a billion reasons. But I think it's funny that the dreams are always like the scene in that movie. Goof.

Then we got to talking about the nuptials. He asked if my dress was sexy and I told him I wasn't going to get married dressed like a slut. Regardless, I still think he'll like it. ;o)

Time to pay some bills. Depending on how that goes, I may or may not be getting that Keurig today...

1 comment:

  1. Joe says to go with the Mini Keurig. That's what we have now. He had a reservoir one in the past, but it seemed like we were always having to refill it anyway.

    Also, when we bought our last one we signed up for e-mails from Bed Bath and Beyond to get their 20% off coupon, which helped on the price.

    ReplyDelete