17 May 2008

goddess

I popped some banana bread in the oven about 30 minutes ago and it's starting to smell banana-riffic in here.

Today I CLEANED. I swept and vacuumed, and boy it needed it. I swept the cobwebs off the ceiling. I caulked cracks near the door that always accumulate dirt and annoy me. I washed rugs. I... am out of wine. Be right back.

*classical music*

Ok. Then I washed the curtain on the window where pumpkin likes to sit. It was so disgustingly FULL of cat hair. Ugh.

My closet is organized: Formal dresses, pants, skirts, sundresses, collared shirts, play shirts, tank tops, etc. all grouped nicely.

I bought a small wooden crate thingy for my spices, because I don't have room for a spice rack. I painted it green and glossed it, then went "Monica" for a second and labeled all the tops for easier recognition. How I wish I had a label maker.
















Then I went to Walmart and got some more $2 flip flops and two more of those awesome $4.50 tank tops. I have one in just about every color now because they're so comfy and they fit just right. They're not too low in the front and they are longer; they hit right at the hip so they don't look boxy. They are thin enough to be cool in the summer but are thick enough so they're not trashy and show your bra right through the fabric. I just love them.

super awesome tank tops

Let's see, what else did I do in my domestic goddess whirlwind today? Oh- I want to try and alter some of my pants that don't fit after that weight drop. Bust out the sewing machine that's been put away for a while.

There's a party tonight but I think this is one of those nights where I just need me, my glass of wine, the banana bread baking and general quality alone time to check things off my to-do list.

Happy Saturday night you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Your one saturday pretty much put my saturday to shame. I think you put my whole last month to shame, actually. You know how to get things done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...will you decorate my apartment?? And put my spices in order too??

    Amazingly, I know *exactly* the tank tops that you refer too!

    ReplyDelete