25 May 2008

lake fun

Things have been interesting lately, but I'd rather not write about it. Let's just move on with life, shall we?

Yesterday I went with Chris to Lake Conroe. A good friend of his that he races with lives up there and invited us to come play for the day. I was hesitant to go for a few reasons, but I went after all for another few reasons. And, as usual, I'm glad I went.

They have a "party" boat and we took it out on the lake for most of the day, stopping to swim a bit. At first I was like, "hoo boy, a boat" because I tend to get motion sickness, but I got used to it pretty quickly. (thank God!)

It was a pretty mellow, relaxing day. I mean, how can you not be relaxed listening to Jimmy Buffet and Reggae in the middle of a lake on a breezy sunny day?? Mark is about my parents' age, so the crowd (about 8 people) was a little older, with the exception of his teenage daughter and her friend who laid out and texted the whole day, LOL. So there was no one getting belligerent drunk and being an ass.
















love the flag

I got to drive the boat for a while and I also caught a fish! They let out the line behind the boat as we were going and one got caught. I reeled it in and Chris took it off the hook. I'd never done that before, so it was really exciting! We threw him back, though, because we weren't going to eat him or anything.
















I forgot to give him a name. That's Chris' toe.

And I was smart and slathered sunscreen all over my pasty self and managed not to get very burnt, unlike everyone else. I stayed in the shade and kept myself hydrated, too. Yay for being smart and taking care of myself!

It was a good day, and I know Chris had a really good time. I think he needed to relax more than I did! He got a pretty good dose of sun and was nodding off after we ate dinner, but in that good happy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment