21 May 2008

heartbeat

I can't sleep. I know I should be tired but for some reason my insides are wide awake. I've been sort of anxious all day. Don't know why. Maybe it's my intuition cluing me in to something my brain has not caught on to yet.

That, and I've got a lot of stuff whirring around in my head. Not bad stuff, just stuff.

I can't explain everything without busting out with a very long story, and anyway all of this is not sorted out enough to explain it properly. But maybe writing will help me sleep.

There was a time when I had never been more sure about anything in my entire life. It's one of those flashbulb memories. I remember I was driving down 59 towards work after class, thinking. I remember the exact spot on the road, too. Just after Weslayan. I remember what song was playing on the radio. And I just knew. It all of a sudden fit so well, like puzzle pieces. And I've never been able to truly second-guess that feeling. It's the most unexplainable thing.

It's that very thought that's keeping me awake tonight. Over various problems I've encountered, many times I've been given advice to sit tight and wait. I'm not a waiting person, and would never take that advice, but for some reason this time I'm content to wait. No immediate action needs to be taken. So what do I do with this thought? I don't know.

Wait, I guess. See what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I don't know the exact scenario your in and the thoughts you've had, but I think I know exactly what your saying.
    It's good you trust yourself. It's crazy how well we know things when they haven't come to reality yet.

    ReplyDelete