21 May 2008

swimsuits

Ahh, summer.
The time of year when all women join together and cry about bathing suit season.

I dislike shopping for bathing suits. I know I am not alone here. My big deal is, I am a different size on top and on bottom. Most everyone is! Although retailers are getting smarter and selling separates.

As the years have gone by I have tried on countless suits and rejected most of them.

Boy shorts make me look stumpy. One-pieces are a joke because the fabric is distributed all wrong. Tankinis fall right at that little "pudge" spot and actually accentuate it. Ones with underwires are all momish. That, and I don't have 100 bucks to spend on a bathing suit. On and on and on... Eventually I learned which styles work and which do not.

I got this one at Target in one trip to the dressing room. Not bad.



The thing that annoyed me though was the fact that all the cute girly prints were in the string triangle style. ie: not ideal for girls with big boobies!

There was one pink paisley print that was absolutely adorable but there was NO way I could wear it because it was only in the styles that I mentioned before. Even if I did manage to find a top big enough to cover decently, the support was absolutely zero. The super-thin straps were digging into my neck while I tried in vain to make it fit.

The one I got doesn't even cover that much but at least it didn't look like it was going to snap from the strain, LOL.

So, I settled on the thicker-strap halter for more support while sadly replacing the cute pink one back on the hanger.

Sometimes having boobs sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment