18 January 2010

bike excitement!

I've been wanting to get a cheap bike just to ride around. Maybe get a basket on it and go all Zooey Deschanel and take it for quick trips to the store and stuff. I've been looking on Craigslist for something, but it's all either too expensive or kid's bikes.

This morning I asked my dad if we had any bikes or if my uncle had any (my uncle usually tries to give us bikes. Don't know where he gets them), and he said there was one in the back of the shed. I was thinking there was an ancient one with no working parts, but I walked over there and found a perfectly modern looking bike! Just sitting there! I can't believe it's been sitting there all this time.

I'm not sure if it's actually ours or a bike that one of the kids' friends left here, but my dad said he thinks it's Suzy's old bike and either way it's been here a long time and I'm totally claiming it. It's got flat tires and the chain needs oiling, and I'm not sure about the brakes yet, but it looks totally ride-able.

So excited!

Oh, by the way, I think I have a girl-crush on Zooey Deschanel. She's so freaking cute!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE zooey too! I have the movie 500 days of summer. love the clothes! and the movie

    ReplyDelete