04 January 2010

shit. day.

What a shitty day man.

I couldn't sleep last night because I had a stomach ache. I finally fell asleep at around 230, and slept on & off until my alarm went off at 530. I got up and drove to school, with about 3 minutes to scarf down half a breakfast burrito until it was time to start.

The lady we'll be working with is super nice, as are most of the lab people. I can tell it's going to be a good experience.

Anyway, we got into the lab and I was standing there feeling kind of hungry when I got that feeling that starts like a tingling, then the whole cold sweat, blacked-out stuff took over. I tried to shake it off and wait for it to pass, but I seriously felt like I was going to pass out- I couldn't see anything. So I tapped my classmate's shoulder and she turned around and said, "Wow, you're pale!" Then they found me a chair and helped me take off my jacket kuz I couldn't move right. I was drenched in cold sweat, couldn't see, and couldn't breathe. All in front of this lady that I just met who is the supervisor for med techs- aka she could be my possible future employer. Greeeaaatt first impression.

It passed, but I still felt kinda dizzy and tired, so I went to go get some water from the water fountain. On the way, I encountered a nurse who said, "Ooh, honey are you feeling ok? You look kinda pale." I said I was feeling a little shaky, then she asked if I'd eaten anything that morning and told me to cough (to get more air flow) and to go get myself some orange juice or a soda. Then she tried to take me to the emergency room, but I wasn't going to do that, haha.

I did get some orange juice but my stomach was feeling upset. I managed to hang in there the rest of the day, but holy crap I felt bad. Then since I was over by the parking office, I decided to go pay for January's parking. It's like a 20-minute walk from my locker. I waited in line for 15 minutes or so, only for the lady to tell me I needed a certain form. The same form that I asked about in December if I would need, but was assured I wouldn't. Fuckers. To get the form would require walking 20 minutes to the Dean's office and 20 minutes back, just to stand in line again. There was no way dude.

I paid my $12 for parking in the visitor's lot, which I will have to do again tomorrow because of the stupid form, didn't print out anything I needed to, drove home, and took a 2-hour nap. I had to wake up to call the financial aid office about disbursement dates, and I found out I have to wait 10 business days to get my federal grants. Which means I have to come up with $400 somehow to avoid late fees- by the end of today.

I feel a little better but my head and neck hurts. I just want to go back to bed and I certainly want to feel better and redeem myself tomorrow. I also need to make a doctors appointment about these strange dizzy spells. I know they're just going to try and diagnose right away without running tests, and probably prescribe me anxiety pills or something. I should have had the lab draw blood after it happened and we could have ran some tests ourselves. Low iron? Low blood sugar? Blood pressure? I dunno but I can tell you right now it's not anxiety. I bitch about a lot of stuff, but then I feel better about it and let it be.

Let's hope tomorrow goes better...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a terrible day. I've had the dizzy/black out spells before with full body sweats. I think mine were due to hormones and happened in the middle of the night. For some reason I haven't had them since I had my daughter. I hope you can figure out the cause, it is scary when it's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I experienced those symptoms it was due to low iron - iron deficient anemia. I have iron pills if you want to give it a try. It was also due to exhaustion.

    I didn't have stomachaches though.

    Hope you get it squared away, including the form!

    ReplyDelete