11 January 2010

Monday Update

So what's new in the life of me...

-Got to fully run a machine today, verifying patient results and everything! It was the Xpand, a machine that measures tacrolimus, which is an immunosuppressant drug used with things like bone marrow transplants. It has a narrow therapeutic range and has to be monitored pretty closely. The machine also measures urine protein, but that was less cool. To use it you have to open the tubes of blood, and I haven't mastered the art of removing the top without getting blood droplets everywhere. I only spilled one tube of blood, but thankfully I had enough without needing a re-draw.

-I've been paying close attention to what I eat, making sure that each meal has enough protein and fiber to keep me from getting too hungry. I have found that peanut butter on an english muffin and yogurt with granola are light enough for me to eat so early, but they stick with me long enough until I get a break (and another nutritious snack). I'm so broke right now that I think I'm going to raid the piggy bank for cash to get a small amount of groceries.

-Realistically, I'm going to start my jogging photography group on Saturday, Jan 23, at 9am!! Still haven't worked out the best place.

-I am TOTALLY digging the cold weather, but it makes it like TEN times harder to get out of my warm cozy bed at 5am. Boooo.

-This might be TMI, but I'm getting this strange itchy rash on my stomach, chest, and neck. I thought it was some eczema from the cold weather, but it's not really following that kind of pattern. Slightly nervous and paranoid that I managed to pick up a crazy disease in the lab...

Ok, time to do some assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment