27 January 2010

tired.

Stressful day = cooking and baking. Potato soup and blueberry strawberry yogurt muffins (using strawberry yogurt in place of vanilla.)

It got slow today so I got my classmate to draw my blood and I ran some tests on the machine I was using. How disappointing.

High lipids and low iron again. Except this time I looked up the actual ranges. Serum iron is supposed to be 37 at the lowest for women. Mine was 13. Shit, no wonder I've been so tired. Been going to bed at 8:30, falling right to sleep, sleeping the whole night, and waking up at 530 still exhausted.

Transferrin was also high. A few months ago transferrin was in the normal range- not a good sign. It all points to iron deficiency anemia- duh, already knew that from past history, but it sucks to see it for myself and so much worse than it usually is.

I'd like to get my CBC done and check my hemoglobin levels to get a more well-rounded picture though. I'll be on that machine next week so that's easy!

My options are diet change and supplements. I don't see my diet changing that drastically, and the supplements make me feel like I'm on the verge of puking, even the "gentle" ones. I wonder if there is something available that is extra-gentle?

Either way, I love getting free lab tests whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment