09 January 2010

computer & coldness

I am typing this on my NEW LAPTOP yay!!

My dad gets my old one, so I'm working on cleaning everything off of it. I'm still getting used to the new one- it has Windows 7 on it and I hate the new Microsoft Office. It's a little different from what I'm used to- Microsoft 2003! I've used the Vista/2007 version before and hated it, but I can manage. The spacebar is a little shorter on this keyboard than on my old one, so I'm constantly pushing ALT on accident, and the touchpad is so sensitive and I have to get used to typing so I don't graze it and end up with the cursor in some random place. It does have a 10-key number pad, which I LOVE.

Overall it's pretty awesome having a computer that doesn't make funny noises, freeze, or lose internet connection every 5 minutes. It's bigger than my old one but so much lighter! It's going to be awesome not lugging around a heavy laptop to school. I'm sure I'll get used to it. :o)

It's pretty cold outside. My mom took a picture of this frozen fountain- cool huh??

3 comments:

  1. we have windows 7 on our new laptop too and i really like it. it's taking some getting used to though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new laptop!

    To answer your question, it's not grad school, it's a one year program to get my teaching license. Today is the first day of school and I'm so freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think I like it now too!

    And congrats Drew- I love how even though we've done it over and over, the first day of school still makes us nervous.

    ReplyDelete