16 January 2010

PJ pants

So, since I'm broke and couldn't really afford a gift, I thought I'd make Jen's birthday gift. She mentioned she needed pj pants. I've never actually successfully made an article of clothing before, but for some reason I felt ambitious enough to do it. I chose a very simple pattern, Simplicity 2503.

It took me about 5 hours, but I actually managed to do it! The only thing- I just figured a small would work, but it turned out to be more like a medium. I hope they can shrink!

Anyway, it was sooo cool to see something go from fabric and start to take shape as a recognizable piece of clothing! And not even a ghetto-rigged piece of clothing! I was very excited! It was a lot of work but I think now that I've done it, if I make it again it will go much quicker.

So, look what I made and praise me. :o)

4 comments:

  1. I find the sizing on all store bought patterns are always way off the mark - it's terribly annoying.
    Anyway, they look great! Good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to wear them tonight!! I will do my bes tto shrink them, but they do have that adjustable waistband! Thanks so much for your thoughtful gift, I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it. I'm so honored that you made your first article of clothing for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! i love the fabric. maybe next time you could try and make this jacket for stephen: http://www.simplicity.com/p-3074-toddler-sportswear.aspx :-P (they're so cute. they look like little adults)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you- Jen I hope they keep your legs warm for many years and don't fall apart after the first washing!

    -Dayna I'll give it a shot! I feel invincible on the sewing machine now, haha

    ReplyDelete