01 September 2011

dodged a dreamy bullet

Last night I had a dream that I got engaged.

But not with who you might think.

I dreamed that my sister's friend proposed to me out of nowhere, and he was dead serious. And I had to say yes because it was a very public proposal, and it was in front of all his friends - and I didn't want to embarrass him. I figured I'd say yes at that moment, then say no later in private-- and give back the huge diamond ring. But some event (that I can't remember what it was) made being married to him seem like it'd be a good idea. Maybe it was the huge ring? I jest...

In my dream I remember wondering why he was proposing, because he doesn't even know me. But for some reason it was very serious and it was so real. The weird thing is, in real life (and in the dream), I have never even said more than a few words to the guy, and he's got his own serious girlfriend. And he's not even that great of friends with my sister. But here I was, engaged to someone I don't know and considering actually marrying him. Strange indeed.
I am quite glad I was not engaged when I woke up, haha.

Also, I got through the day by having periodic dance parties while singing this. I'm so glad I have kickass coworkers that participate in my spontaneous and celebratory dance parties. Finished a phlebotomist's rack full of tubes? Dance party. Found a lost tube? Dance party. With a little bit of the Whoop Whoop that got stuck in my head 5 years ago when I caught the Wendy Williams show one morning at the oil change place and never really got it out of my head. Computers back up and running? Dance party. You get the idea- dance party in the lab. whoop whoop...

No comments:

Post a Comment