17 September 2011

games

So Ashley got me this game, The Game of Things, for my birthday a few years ago, and it was around the time that my social life plunged and my studying soared, so it's been sitting in the game drawer for a while.
Last night I finally played it at Scott & Dayna's, and it was a lot of fun! It's definitely going to be thrown into the rotation whenever we do eventually have game nights. Or the power goes out, or we have another hurricane. (which, I might not mind considering the drought and the stress level at work.)

Still trying to get my skin to clear up. I changed cleansers and started using the same one I used back when I hit puberty. It cleared up a little, but doesn't seem to be solving the problem. Sooo I took advice from my sister and got a Clarisonic, which I love. It exfoliates gently and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. So I'll add it to the rotation and give it a while to work.

I also realized that I've been using the same makeup for years. And I figured my brushes were probably in need of a cleaning. So I cleaned my brushes, threw out the old stuff and got brand new stuff. While I was at it, I took the opportunity to clean out/ organize my makeup. I wear very little makeup, especially now since I wake up so early and spend all day hidden in the lab. For a girl who doesn't wear makeup, I sure have a lot of it. So I grabbed some wine, parked it on the floor, and dumped the entire drawer out.

I discovered that I had kept makeup from dance team- really, who honestly uses that color blush? I had so much shimmer powder that I'd never get a chance wear it all. I had purple lipstick... that smelled funny. I filled my trash can halfway, and kept the things I thought I'd use again. I ended up with all this, organized neatly back into the drawer.


So. New cleanser, new Clarisonic, new makeup. Less zits. Hopefully.

If that doesn't work, I'll start using Proactiv again. I like/dislike Proactiv. I've used it before and it works to clear up breakouts, but it also makes me really shiny and I don't like the texture of my skin when I use it. And it's pretty pricey.

Does anyone else have any advice for me? It's ridiculous that I'm 26 and breaking out like I'm 16. Come ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment