04 September 2011

whew

What a freaking day.

Woke up at 7, packed the majority of Suzy's stuff into my car and dad's truck, drove the 150 miles to Austin, unpacked both vehicles, carried it all up to the 3rd floor, got back in our cars, and drove another 150 miles back to home. And my dad likes to take the ass-backwards country roads in lieu of the main freeways, so it was a bunch of winding roads that felt like I was going nowhere. It would have been great on a nice Sunday drive, but not when you've got shit to do and 300 miles to drive.

It wasn't all that bad, but a few things really made the day trying.
It's over a hundred degrees outside. And I felt every degree of it, with every stair I climbed. I swear I could feel my heart beating in every single blood vessel. Talk about a workout!
It's also incredibly windy. I had to keep my hands glued to the steering wheel and constantly fighting to keep the car on the road. For 300 miles. That's a lot of freaking miles.
I came home stiff, sore, sweaty, and with a headache.

But oh my gosh. That is the cutest little apartment; it's really really nice. And I can't wait to see what she does with it. And no, we didn't get to see her because it's rush week and she was out doing rush-type things.
So we set up her bed so that when she came home she'd have a nice bed made all up with freshly washed sheets. That's pretty much the only thing we unpacked, and I made sure to set the ice maker to make ice before we left, because nobody likes an empty ice bucket. I'm so excited for her- her first apartment. And by the way, I'd kill right now for her tub. It's one of those deep ones that are great for bubble baths. And it was clean... much cleaner than any of the tubs I have access to now.

Other things I did this weekend.

Me and Akhtar hit up IKEA and I got a new desk chair, as well as a duvet cover that I'd been eyeing the last time we were there and was still thinking about it months later. The thread count sucks but it's so pretty.

Then I asked Akhtar to come over and help me put the chair together. Except I got all excited and would up putting it together myself and not really letting him help, haha. He supervised and made sure I didn't put the parts on backwards... which I almost did. I love it. It's got support and cushion, which the old hand-me-down I was using before seriously lacked.

Anyway. I'm tired. Hope something good is on tv so I can zone out for a while.

1 comment:

  1. hahahah omg this made me tear up a little bit :') I wish I could've been there with ya'll!! But rush is going well anyways, and it just gives you an excuse to visit and use the tub once it's all clean and cute :) Thanks sooooo much for helping me move (er...moving me, actually) haha love you jeneviveee!!!

    ReplyDelete