24 September 2011

no scurvy here

Last week I took home a bunch of limes handed down from Ashley's mother-in-law, to Ashley, to me.

Sitting in my fridge was doing them no good, so I squeezed them.




I ended up with over 2 cups of lime juice, so I think it's pretty mandatory that I make key lime pie- even if they technically aren't key limes. A quick search on the internets and I realized that it's no more than lime juice, condensed milk, and eggs. No idea it was so easy.

Also, I have enough lime juice to make 4 pies, which is obviously not happening. Anyone want any lime juice?

I also get to make some graham crackers for the crust, but not today. I've got a Harry Potter themed birthday party to attend :o)

3 comments:

  1. i'll take a key lime pie! but no need for lime juice lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time when I had an excess of limes, I juices them, then froze the juice in an ice cube tray and stuck them in a baggie when they had set. It was nice to have on had for recipes that call for 'juice from half a lime'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT A PIE!!

    ReplyDelete