05 April 2013

three fourths

I started looking back through old posts trying to remember what Chris' USMC anniversary was. After I found it, I kept reading. A lot has happened in the past three years. I wrote about him a lot less back then than I do now. At first, I wrote mostly about school. I was so ridiculously stressed. I don't miss those days. When it comes to him, I've gone from being unsure to making a lifelong commitment, and I've only seen him a handful of days since then. That's fucking crazy.

Three years down, one to go. As fed up as I've been feeling lately, this really is the easy part. There's supposed to be an end in sight. Which gives me hope, because I thought this deployment would be easy and I wouldn't have to worry about Chris getting killed. Turns out, all this Korea shit is getting on my nerves and making me worry. You know you always worry about the worst and hope for the best? You can't help it.

This week was hard, for both personal and professional reasons. But, at the end of it, I got done what I needed to get done professionally. At least that's better.

Got to hold and feed Calvin this evening. He's getting so big. Every time I see him, he looks a little different. He's more solid now. Putting on weight and moving from looking like an infant to looking like a baby. It baffles me how he is growing so fast. That little babe is just so darling. He cheers me up right away.

Watching Project Runway. Why do they provide sewing assistants who can't sew? That's just stupid.

One last thing: I noticed Pumpkin has been sitting on the master bedroom windowsill and there's cat hair allll over the inside of the curtains. I declare this weekend the weekend of the curtains because I am NOT getting these huge, heavy, ugly drapes dry cleaned at the end of my lease.

No comments:

Post a Comment