06 November 2014

Strong motivation

The other night I had a dream that I was running away from something, or battling something, and I had to climb walls and jump and run in order to defeat whatever it was. The most prominent feeling of the dream was that I was strong. Not like adrenaline strong, but strong strong.

It's the first time that I've wanted to start working out in a longgg time. To feel strong. I can't bring myself to workout without proper motivation. I mean, this is hardly an exaggeration:


The last time that I tried to maintain a workout routine was just after Chris came home, but then I got the stomach flu and we just stopped working out after that. I mean, it got hot out and we had a ton going on in our lives. Then I started feeling really sick and anything above daily activities made me feel dizzy and weak.

I'm starting to feel better, and that dream made me want to be strong, so I brought up the idea of a workout routine again.

Evenings after work? It gets dark so early in the winter and I get home so late. I don't know if we'd be able to commit. We've made it work before though.

Mornings? I've always liked morning workouts but then I'd have to shower before work and I'm definitely a nighttime shower person. I don't have the time or patience for a blow dryer man. I could be down for a light yoga session or something that doesn't make me sweat too much. Which is meh.

There is the option to work out separately, which might end up happening since Chris gets a free gym at school and I have a free gym at work.

Whatever we end up doing, it will probably be sporadic because that's just how I roll, but anything is better than nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment