07 January 2008

more job searching and sunday races

So my job search continues. That interview I had Saturday morning was rescheduled to this morning, which was rescheduled to Wednesday afternoon. She did make a point to say she has looked at my resume and really wants to meet with me, so hopefully I'll be offered a job. Until then, the search continues! [dramatic movie music]

Sunday C invited me to go watch one of his races. It's kind of a big deal because he doesn't like friends and/or girlfriends to go to his races. I always asked but figured it was his "man" time and didn't make a huge deal when he took a weekend to go race.

So anyway it was actually really cool. The weather was gorgeous and the guys were laid back since it was not an "official in-season race" and C's only competition in his class was a 9-year old. They ended up racing with a different class that had bigger engines, just to make it funner. I snuck into the pit with his friend and fellow racer EJ and got to watch the action from up close and take a few pics and videos. I also wound up meeting his mom who was pretty nice.



EJ pushing the kart to get the engine going


lining up to start the race


No comments:

Post a Comment