23 January 2008

meh.

I rolled out of bed very reluctantly and got ready. The safety pin that I had in my pants [every pair of paints I own needs to be altered... the first paycheck I get is going towards just that] was misplaced last night so I had to use a binder clip. Surprisingly, it worked fairly well!

I headed, very unenthusiastic, to my first day of work, another office in a very tall building. The security guard was a friendly hispanic guy that hit on me. Felix.
My new boss is your typical middle aged guy, friendly but a little... I dunno... redundant? I'm still not sure what to make of him. He's hired a whole clan of attractive college girls, and I think that's both hilarious and disgusting. One chick came in wearing a miniskirt, and it's raining cold outside!

So this job. It reminds me a whole lot of the job I just quit. The kind where you walk in each day not knowing what your responsibilities are. I'm going to be another "assistant," helping the people who have more established positions within the company. It's really all I can do, considering I can't have any real responsibility because of my schedule. The thing is, I hate not having a purpose in my job, it's mainly why I quit the last one. That, and he wants me there for like, 13-hour days. Starting at 7am. It's exhausting, not to mention I'll be having to wake my ass up at at least 6am... I'll keep it for now, but keep my eyes open for something else.

On to Pumpkin. Considering her history of bladder infections, wonderful Dr. Hendrix explained everything to me in detail and recommended a special diet that will lower the pH of her urine to discourage bacterial growth. It's more expensive food but way better than taking her to the vet every 6 months. I hate to keep putting her on antibiotics.

I am exhausted from my long day and very discouraged at life right now. I hate hating my job, it just brings my whole life down.

2 comments:

  1. I know all to well the feeling of hating your job. It is the worst. I had one such job a few summers back. One day, while I was at work, I had this thought pop into my head... 'Maybe if I started taking drugs, this job wouldn't suck so bad'.
    Once I realized what I had just been contemplating I couldn't believe it. It was an internship, so I had to stick with it, but when they offered it to me agian for the next summer, I opted to have no job at all instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend making up a purpose. If you work your crappy job long enough, you will start to believe it is a real purpose! :P
    Eh, my job sucks too, I love it most of the time but the owner keeps pulling this sneaky stuff that I really don't like.
    Sigh. When I win the lottery I will cut you in. I better buy a ticket.

    ReplyDelete