14 January 2008

stress

I am discouraged. The guy that sounded so enthusiastic about hiring me yesterday did not call as promised. The lady that's rescheduled my interview a billion times and also sounded very eager to meet with me has not contacted me. There aren't any new promising job postings on any of my sources. I need a job soon and I can't stand the thought of retail and the shitty hours and exhausting on-your-feet work. Been there, done that and don't plan on going back.

It's only the first day of school; I've gotten two syllabi and already I'm stressing. The class I thought would be a breeze is going to be more involved than I thought. I've still got two more classes and an extensive lab to attend tomorrow to see what my full load will be like. All the while, in the back of my mind I keep thinking about looming med tech school applications and my GPA not being high enough. I canNOT get another C. I am not motivated this semester like I was the last... I'm more terrified than anything.

My printer kept fucking up and I was getting more and more frustrated over something stupid like repeated paper jams, cursing up a storm and snapping at my sister. The most frustrating part was all the material ON the paper that I was supposed to have remembered that is only partially memorized from last semester.

On the plus side I made mashed potatoes for the first time today. They were pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment