12 August 2008

appetite... for destruction!

My appetite has been huge like whoa the past couple of days. I'm not even hungry. Like I pay attn to my stomach and it's not hungry. But I still want to snack and munch and graze. How strange that I go days not having any appetite at all and then all of a sudden whaBAM there it is! Back in full force. I bet it's kuz I finally pooped.

Packing for Californiaaaa. Yes, I know it's a day or two before I leave. But I'm still excited and things like my bathing suits and clothes can be packed. I'm also making a grocery list and packing foods that are ok to eat so I don't starve.

The only thing is, there's no way I can cram everything into my smaller suitcase, but the larger one's wheel is effed up. Somehow on some flight the wheel got melted and now it doesn't roll. I think I can ghetto-rig it though. Or just make Chris carry it, haha. Either way I think it'll be checked and I won't have to drag it through the airport.

Excitement!!!!!!

Time to paint my toes hot pink.

Oh-- and I have a sweet potato and I don't know what to do with it. Suggestions?

oh-- and I have a scratch on my glasses RIGHT in my line of vision and it's bugging me. Garr.

2 comments:

  1. I just absolutley love sweet potato pancakes. I don't know what recipe my Mom used when she last made them gluten-free, but this one seems to be the most common version. The sweet potato makes such a yummy, moist pancake. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! There are also sweet potato buscuit recipes out there, but they, though they're good, don't turn out as nice as pancakes.

    SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
    3/4 cup flour
    1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    5/8 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
    1 eggs, beaten
    3/4 cup milk
    1/8 cup butter, melted

    Directions:

    Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by tablespoons onto hot greased griddle or skillet and fry, turning once, until browned on both sides.

    makes 12 pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!!!

    My brother-in-law sliced and fried up some sweet potatoes this week for me in a little bit of olive oil and they tasted wonderful!

    ReplyDelete