07 August 2008

food & other stuff

When my tummy feels crummy I reach for white rice, with a little butter and salt & pepper sprinkled on top. I used to eat this ALL the time when I was a kid; sometimes it'd be the only thing I ate for days just because I loved it so much and it was the only thing I felt like eating.

When me & Ash spent the summers at my dad's house and he'd be gone all day working and we'd have to make our own lunches, every day there'd be a big pot of rice on the stove. This strange love for rice makes sense now because, come to find out, it's completely GF. I guess subliminally my body realized that it was ok to eat? I'm still amazed that I've gravitated towards foods that are naturally GF, and never really loved foods that contained it. With the exception of a random craving every now and again. And cake.

It's been a crummy-feeling past couple of days. Don't know if it's food-related or not. I plan on making banana bread for my little bro Frank who is [SOB] LEAVING us for Mississippi State early Saturday morning. Then, a shower and BED.

I have one more day of work (which, by the way, is still full of rockage) before they leave for NY for two weeks. I cat-sit for a few days, and then..... CA! Oh my wordddd I cannot wait. Ca Dad called me a couple days ago going, "Yeah I'm on the beach catchin' some waves on my boogie board and just thought I'd call you." Then he said he was passing by the hotel we're going to be staying at. Gah! Excitement! But at the same time I'm hesitant to be excited because it seems that a lot of things I get excited about fall through at the last minute. *knock on wood man*

I will leave you with the tune that my brother sings when I make banana bread. It goes to the tune of that song that goes, "doo doo doo doo doo PHE-NOM-E-NON."

doo doo doo doo doo BANANA BREAD. It will stay in your head for days. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment