28 August 2008

changes

I'm still beat from the extra burst of activity this week, and sore from trekking all over campus. The weekend can not get here fast enough.

My cell bio lab seems simple enough, but there is a lot of work involved for a simple 2-credit lab. Formal lab reports, two papers, 5 quizzes, yadda yadda. I can tell it will be annoying.

I wrote the president of UH an email asking about my financial aid, and to my surprise, I received two emails yesterday in response. One was from a lady telling me that things are just a little clogged up but to expect something, by the latest, at the end of the week. She gave me her number to call if I had any more questions.
Then I got another email from her co-worker, saying that he wasn't sure if she had replied, but had left for the afternoon and he wanted to make sure my issue had been addressed.

*pause*

This is the first time EVER that I have not had to sit on hold for 30 minutes, only to talk to someone rude who didn't want to help me. I did not have to wait in the line that snaked around the corner only for them to tell me there was nothing they could do. I got an actual response... which I didn't even expect. From two separate people making sure I knew what was going on?

I am liking this new president- a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment