18 August 2008

CA Trip!

Well, I'm back from CA! And things look a little different here at blogger. No matter.

CA was FUN! The days were fun-filled. I think mostly because of the time change, I crashed into bed exhausted every night but woke up ready for more fun the next day.

When we flew in we had lunch at Pizza Fusion, right in the heart of the gay area of San Diego. What luck!! Our waiter was 'fabulous' and got excited right along with me about the gluten free pizza they served. They also had GF brownies, which I got 'to go' because I was stuffed on pizza. It was super nice to go out to a restaurant and get pizza without having to cook it myself. It was pricey, but well worth it. And, of course, I loved the atomosphere. We then headed out to the Oceanside pier that night and got to watch the people fishing. I wanted to fish but that's one thing we never got around to doing, since we were there such a short time.


the view from the pier

Friday we slept in, ran some errands and headed to the beach. We spent the evening BBQing at the beach with some of my dad's friends.

my feet on the beach!

Saturday we headed straight for the beach, after a 711 authentic slurpee detour of course, and spent the day swimming and boogie boarding. The weather was perfect, the waves were great and the water was cool but not freezing. Then we took the train to San Diego and had dinner in the gaslamp district at this place called Rock Bottom. It was pretty neat taking the train.

neat building downtown

Then Sunday we got up and had breakfast at the historic 101 Cafe and headed back to San Diego to spend some time at Seaport Village. We wanted to tour this aircraft carrier but got there 2 minutes after they stopped selling tickets. Bullocks. Instead we toured a couple of ships on the harbor; The Star of India, some old Russian submarine, and a couple smaller boats. It was pretty neat. Then we had dinner (which was good but glutened me. not getting into that right now) and headed back to the hotel for SLEEP and a heating pad to the tummy.

cute sculpture thingy next to the aircraft carrier

This morning we woke up at 4 to head to the airport. Booo. We got there within reasonable time but the security line was so long we were one of the last people to board the plane. I'm so glad I ran to the McDonald's to get a parfait because all I had to eat was an apple. I was pretty hungry when we landed, so when we were driving back we grabbed Dairy Queen and that made me pretty darn happy.

So that's that. I'm glad to be home but I wish we could have stayed longer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got a lot in for such a short period of time. I am exhausted just reading your post =)

    ReplyDelete