26 August 2008

frickin' tired dude

Today was a good day. Long and REALLY HOT walking around campus, but good. Seriously though, it's hot out there.

My profs seem to have upgraded. They all seem like they give a crap about the course they're teaching instead of posting lecture notes online and reading them lifelessly during lecture. I'm pretty excited about that. My Polish analytical chem professor even told corny jokes and stories and metaphors to illustrate his points. And involved the class by asking questions and actually expecting answers. Finally.

Today during my psych lecture the new president of the university came and spoke to our class. She's going to do good things and I get good vibes off of her. She was talking about her goal of making our school one of the top tier schools, and how no other school in Texas is even close to us. We've already got two top schools in Texas: UT Austin and A&M. So, get ready for UH to be #3. Woo! A pretty official stamp on my diploma if it happens before I graduate.

My analytical chem lab is awesome. My TA speaks very good english (always a major plus) and seems really laid-back, but also very knowledgeable about the subject. I think he can teach us a lot besides the "do this and do that and this should happen." The class is only 12 students, compared to the usual 20-something, so we'll get a lot of extra 1-on-1 time. AND... *drum roll please* There are 3 other Med Tech majors in that lab. I've only met one other one in my whole college career! And this one chick is applying at the same time as me, so we kinda bonded over that. The only drawback is that we have to have lab partners, but mine's a cute boy [for the record, the boyfriend's cuter ;o)], and he seems pretty cool. I hope the three of us can form some kind of study group or something.

Serenity's in my cell bio class, which is awesome because we have always studied really well together, and we always motivate each other to get A's. I think this is my 3rd class with her. (genetics, biochem, and this.)

The drawbacks: my financial aid was scheduled to disburse the 25th, and it's not in my account yet, meaning I don't get $ to buy books. I guess I can use mom's credit card, but sometimes they give me crap for that and don't let me use it because our last names are different. And there was some sort of financial aid department fiasco and a bunch of people got fired so I dunno what's up with that. I hope they do some major changes because I've experienced nothing but rude people and no answers and all kinds of trouble with our financial aid office.

The only thing left to discover is cell bio lab. I hope that's good.

I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment