21 May 2011

Currently Reading:


The Guinea Pig Diaries- AJ Jacobs.

This book was on the shelf next to I Was Told There'd be Cake. (Which was witty and funny). It looked interesting and it came home with me.

I thought it'd be more of a mad scientist kind of book like the guy who invented LSD or Dr. Jeckyll.

It was more of a bunch of social experiments that this guy puts himself through, and he ends up learning from them. He spends a month acting as George Washington would, spends time being brutally honest, outsources his life, etc.

It was ok. I feel like he would annoy the shit out of me if I knew him in person, and I felt myself slightly annoyed by him when I was reading the book. His personal revelations following each experiment weren't mind-blowing and didn't really give me one of those, "Whoa" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment