01 May 2011

Penelope

It took about 6 hours.

But I have a new car.

It's RED! I never thought I'd own a red car. You know, the whole getting pulled over more often thing. Psh to that. I don't speed anymore since the accident.

Even though it was long and I was hungry at the end of it, it was an exceptional car-buying experience. Yes, that's right.

We went to Fort Bend Toyota, where I bought Pedro many years ago. The salesman that helped us out, David, was phenomenal. It wasn't the typical haggling, game-playing experience with a douchebag, and either way I wasn't there for that and wasn't going to play games. I wanted a fair trade-in and a quality new car.
And I pretty much got everything I wanted. It was more like an exchange of "tell me what you want and I'll help you get it." Not to mention he was friendly and funny and helpful. I know it was all part of the job, but I felt like I was meeting a new person and learning something instead of serving a sentence. I'll take it, and I'll sing that dealership's and that salesman's praises all day long.

I've never been so educated or understood so much about the process of buying a car. The last two cars I bought I was just like, "Yeah whatever give me the keys."

But this time I learned a lot, and felt like I was involved in the process and I understood where the numbers came from and how it worked. And I drove home satisfied and practically giddy in my new car. All thanks to David.

I left with a much bigger car note than I've had previously, but it's also a much nicer car with an extended warranty and gap protection. (and yes, I understand what those are)

I figure, I'm single (well, not married) with no kids, living with my parents and paying minimal rent. I can stop being quite so cheap and invest in a car that I will enjoy driving. And I freaking LOVE it.

It drives so much smoother, everything works, and handles really well. You can tell as soon as you start the engine that the quality of the car is so much better than the Saturn. I am smitten.

So, let's welcome Penelope, Pedro's older sister, to the family. :o)



**P.S. Many many many many many thanks to Akhtar who went with me and kept me company and gave me advice through the entire long process. You are truly a wonderful friend and I can't thank you enough!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Akhtar and a terrific car buying experience. Welcome to the Toyota family =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect a ride!! :)

    ReplyDelete