14 May 2011

just this

Currently Reading:


I Was Told There'd be Cake- Sloane Crosley.

The title pretty much sold me on it. It's a bunch of short essays/stories. So far I've laughed out loud reading it.

It's gloriously cool this morning. The door is open, and the soaker hose is on in the garden. Drove around with the windows down yesterday. Enjoyed the nice weather by the pool yesterday afternoon, and I'm going to enjoy it today at the Greek Festival.

Been considering getting a one-piece bathing suit. Yesterday at the pool with my uncle, dad, brother, and family friend, I felt very aware of my bikini. Not that it was a tiny one or anything, but I just was aware.
Looking for something more modest when I'm hanging out with my family. I was thinking I'd get one of those cute retro ones. But then Ashley reminded me that one-pieces don't really mix well with big boobs. Lack of support for one, lack of room for another. Hm. Maybe a tankini. But those aren't really famous for support either. Hm. It'd probably work if I got a halter. And I'd also have to find a place that sells the tops and bottoms separately. The joys of bathing suit shopping.

This place is a mess. On my kitchen counter my purse is sitting next to a bowl of soggy cereal, which is next to a bottle of sunscreen, which is next to some overripe bananas. It's kinda like that all over the place. The kids are home from college, and I better get started on my laundry before they all start to realize that they have no clean underwear either.

3 comments:

  1. with the overripe bananas, if you slice them thin and stick them on a plate in the freezer for 1-2 hours, then puree it up, it's like ice cream...is what a friend told me and she liked it. i got lazy so i just ate semi frozen banana slices and i liked that =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh that's me, jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks interestingly, I'm adding it to my 'to-read' list.

    ReplyDelete