14 June 2012

ch-ch-changes

So I'm loving this schedule. I've woken up on my own every day this week. I leisurely drink my coffee and eat breakfast. Instead of a ratty bun, my hair resembles actual hair. Work is work, but I feel more on the ball. I feel more awake and happier. After work, I'm free to do things as usual, but the difference is, so is everyone else. I go to bed when it's dark out-- when I'm tired-- and I fall right to sleep. I'm not ready to go back to waking up at 4am.

Not looking forward to working this weekend either. You know I like my days off.

Next week the wisdom teeth come out. I'm actually a little excited about that. Once those are out and healed, all of my dental work will be complete. I've already stocked up on pudding and mashed potatoes. I'm going to make a big batch of brothy soup with tiny, soft pieces of vegetable and chicken. Also planning on buying a bunch of yogurt to mix with greek yogurt. <-- Soft and helps w/ antibiotic side effects.

Switching gears:
I read this blog post this morning.
It's about taking a day apart from your spouse on vacations to do what you really want to do, then meeting up for dinner afterwards. I think it's a great, novel idea, but not sure if it would work for me.

I guess it's because nowadays most of my vacations are for visiting him and separating would defeat the purpose. Also because when we do take vacations, the number one reason is to take a break from work, as opposed to being a tourist. The travel part is just a detail in the work-less-ness. I feel like on our day to do whatever we wanted, we'd both just lay in bed or on a beach all day.

BUT, I'd be totally down for splitting if we both wanted to do different things, instead of dragging each other along. It's a great idea-- it never occurred to me that it would be an "Ok" thing to do.

Listen to me talking about vacations when I just took one, and it will be a while before I take another one, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment