22 June 2012

Recovery: day 2

I went to sleep last night and forgot to take meds, so I woke up puffy-faced and in pain. I made a smoothie for breakfast, and chased it with pain meds and antibiotics. Still taking the Tylenol 3; I'm scared to take the Vicodin, and I don't really think the pain is that bad. Still, the T3 makes me sleepy as soon as I take it. It's pretty much been a cycle of sleep, wake up and eat to take meds, then go back to sleep until I either get hungry or hurty.

I enlisted the help of Akhtar to drive me to work to pick up my paycheck; don't really feel safe driving. So I picked it up and we went to lunch; a baked potato and soup for me, most of which I took home. Then to the bank to deposit my check. The rest of the afternoon was spent in bed, surprise.

I can feel the stitches kinda rubbing against my tongue if I talk, but I haven't yet dared to start poking around with my tongue. Also it's kinda hard and painful to open my mouth, but they said I needed to work on that or else it'll get locked up. I did start rinsing with salt water, and I brushed my teeth as best I could. It was starting to gross me out. Good news- no evidence of further bleeding.

Also I can start to eat warm things today. I'm glad, because now I can eat soup and mashed potatoes.

Also watching this show on mtv where this girl has a crush on an obviously gay guy, then when she told him, he was all, "I'm gay," and she was all surprised. Psh.

No comments:

Post a Comment