28 June 2012

normal.

I think the favorite party of my day is after-work tea and cookies.

But anyways. Today was the follow-up appointment with the oral surgeon.

I got in, sat down, and the guy put a mirror in my mouth for about 3 seconds, said, "Oh good, there's no infection or pus. You can leave."

UMMMM. Not so fast, mister nonchalant oral surgeon. I had a few questions.

So, the answers to my questions, in no particular order.

The side that's healing funky? It's not infected, but is still swollen and painful. He said it's healing well, but it will take a little longer to heal because it was severely impacted and harder to remove. I kinda figured that out after my coworkers pointed out bruising around my mouth on that side. But, I feel better knowing that what's happening is normal.

The top ones have completely healed over. That's why I couldn't find them. Sweet, two less things to worry about.

Next up: the giant hole that likes to trap pieces of green beans and other bits of food, and ejects pieces of bone/tooth. The hole exists simply because the gum had previously healed around the tooth that started it all as it came in over the past year- like normal gums are supposed to do. Now that the tooth has been pulled, it has to re-heal. There is still bone graft down in there, and that's all healed up; it's only the gums that need to catch up. He said this would take several months. I was less than pleased to hear this, but I was happy to at least have the issue addressed. And it makes a lot of sense, derrh.

I'm beat, and have to start training tomorrow, so I can't just schlupp through on autopilot all morning. Deuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment