25 June 2012

Dayyyyyy five!

Today I graduated to a few solid foods. The chewing part is actually easy; it's the getting it in my mouth part that's difficult. Every day I notice I can open a little wider, though.

Bean and cheese quesadilla, you were so good that I made two more; one for now, and one for lunch tomorrow.

That one side is not exactly painful, but it's healing really weird. Like, it's all lumpy. I try not to touch it too much with my tongue because that's just gross, and besides there's stitches still in there.

My mom made some gazpacho and I really want to like it because she was so sweet to make some without cilantro so I would enjoy it... but I just really don't like gazpacho.

Getting through work was tough. I felt so bone-tired the whole day. I guess I just expected to bounce back quicker than I am. I forget I had surgery a few days ago and there are several holes still in my head trying to heal.

According to the instructions sent home with me, I'm supposed to start flushing food out of the holes with a syringe. Problem is... as far as I can tell there is only one hole, and I'm scared to just start shooting water in there. What if I blow out the clot or the new skin or something?
The other side is just lumpy, and I can't even see the top ones at all. I even busted out a dental mirror but there is no finding them. Maybe I should just squirt water in the general area? Or maybe I should just forget about the syringe and continue rinsing with salt water 5 billion times a day. That really seems to help.

Annyyyywayyyy, now that I've gotten food in my belly, I desperately need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment