24 June 2012

What day is it? 4?

Well, yesterday consisted of taking drugs & eating a little, then not being able to stay awake as the drugs started working. Then I'd wake up and take more drugs and the cycle would repeat itself. I couldn't even make it through a movie. I've never felt so useless.

One side is healing beautifully- ironically side where the trouble all started. The swelling and pain are minimal. The other side... not so much. It's obviously infected- the day after the surgery I noticed the telltale swelling along the gums of the adjacent tooth, as I've seen it before when the other one got infected.

So there's more pain there, and it's still pretty swollen, and I'm wondering if the current antibiotics are going to take care of it, or if I should go to the dentist and have them look at it. Tomorrow I'll just call and ask their opinion.

I have no idea what the top ones look like- I can't see them and I'm going to just assume they're doing fine.

Also, I have to get up for work tomorrow. GROAN. That means no more good drugs that make me sleepy. I'm going to have to start taking over-the-counter stuff. Hmph, I like those good drugs! I think the pain is down to a manageable level now, though, so it should not be a problem. I'm glad something is forcing me off the good drugs.

I am slightly worried about getting enough food in my belly to get me through a day of running around. A few bites here and there is enough when I do little more than sleep, but I'm going to need something more substantial at work. I may just take a lot of food breaks and hope it's not a problem.

So, now I'm off to enjoy my last day of sleeping, and praying that the infection goes down without too much trouble. Also, if I can stay awake long enough, I'd like to paint my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment