15 October 2008

AAHHH!!

I'm freaking out man.

I deliver my resume, personal statement and transcript to a professor tomorrow along with some forms and stamped envelopes for rec letters.

I emailed another professor who somewhat reluctantly agreed to write one, but he said he'd do it and required electronic copies of everyting. I just emailed him and I'll deliver stamped envelopes next week to his office. I hope he writes a good one.

I am nervous.

It's my own fault for not getting to know professors, but I hardly had time to attend class, much less suck up during office hours. I know I'm not the only college student who worked a lot and never got to know their professors, not to mention how hard it is to do that when you're in a class of over 500 people.

The only people I got to know were my lab TAs, but they're not allowed to write letters because they're only TAs. But, ironically, they're the ones who know exactly how I work in a lab- which is what I'm going to school for in the first place!

I just feel so wierd asking for letters from professors I've never bonded with. What if they email me back and tell me my personal statement and resume aren't good enough to write letters for? What if my GPA isn't high enough? What if... what if I'm not good enough??

I know I can get a good one from my boss, but he's not faculty. Will it count?

What am I going to do if I don't get into Med Tech school? How much of their decision do they base letters of rec on anyway?

Maybe I should focus on the fact that there's a shortage in the workforce and they need med techs right now. But I can't help but worry.

I'll be worrying until they're all sent, then it's out of my hands. And I want to wait until the end of this semester to send them so my GPA will be a little higher.

I'm totally freaking out man.

3 comments:

  1. aww I know the feeling! Don't worry!! You've done all that you could and you are DEFINITELY good enough for med tech school!

    I would totally want you to analyze my amoebas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm freaking out too. I want an entirely different career change which would mean...going back to school.

    You are MORE than good enough. You're hard working and dedicated. You're going to get in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're Good Enough, You're Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You. :-)
    -dayna

    ReplyDelete