25 October 2008

ode to my boss

This week, work was extra fun.
I did little more than stuff envelopes, but the weather was hoodie-friendly and Jackie likes to keep the windows open.

Lee is out of town and Jackie and I bonded. And, does she like to talk! She is the most adorable lady, talking about whatever comes up. Cheerful and yapping away; I love it.

While we work I usually have the radio on. Towards the end of the day Thursday she had put on some oldies music, so I turned mine off and was jammin to "sittin on the dock of the bay" and "can't buy me love."

Yesterday, she ran to the post office and I was starting to wonder where she was after she'd been gone an hour and a half. Well, she comes in with this large -gorgeous- framed oil painting and another framed picture. She'd seen an estate sale and dropped in!

That's one of the things I love about her. She loves decorating and antiquing. She constantly recycles the pieces she has with new ones from craigslist or yard/ estate sales and the salvation army. She really knows how to get a bargain.

They have so many neat pieces in their home. There's this old wooden icebox they have, the kind where you used to put the block of ice in the bottom. Neat old tables and desks, beautiful chests of drawers, all with tons of character. You name it, she's probably had it.

She's from a large family and has had 5 children herself, so we bond over the large family thing. And let me tell you, she does not look like she's had 5 kids! She's kept herself looking pretty darn good. I think Lee has 2 or 3 kids, so all together they've got lots of kids... all grown and out of the house, with a couple in college and 6 grandsons. She just treats me like one of her own.

Anyway, she's the sweetest lady and I'm really glad some random craigslist ad turned into something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment