03 October 2008

errrghhh

Mom: Can I use your digital camera to take pictures of this water damage for the insurance?

Me: Sure, it's in my desk drawer.

Mom: Ok, do you have to wind the film or does it advance automatically?

Me: *silence*

This is coming from the same lady that wondered why you could not flip a cd over and listen to the other side, as you could with a record. Ah, this is why we all love her. Never a dull moment.

I have writer's block. I have to write two scientific papers that are due next week, as well as a personal statement so a prof can write a letter of recommendation. Oh, can't forget about the prelabs, out-of-class experiments and chem exam next week. All this, after the week I just had? Damn Ike, I knew this would happen. I am rapidly burning out.

Frankish is back! He came home today and he's here until Tuesday, I think. I was trying to get all my schoolwork done before he came so we could chill, but that's totally not going to happen.

Looking forward to dinner at Scott & Dayna's tonight. I'm bringing apple crisp, which I can't WAIT to start baking.

I am trying really hard not to be bothered by certain things going on that I can't do anything about.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, there's a continuing article on collegehumor.com called "Parents Just Don't Understand" that has reader submissions of their parents' inability to grasp technology.

    I too need to get cracking on my personal statement for law schools...blegh.

    ...and things that shouldn't bother me are starting to bother me...talk about a waste of energy...cheers!

    ReplyDelete