13 October 2008

water water everywhere

This morning I was standing sleepily in front of my bathroom sink brushing my teeth when I noticed the rug was a little damp.

My first thought: Pumpkin peed. I bent down to smell it, and it was not pee. Whoo! Small victory over the day.

My second thought: It is probably still wet from when it rained real hard and the ceiling leaked the other day. (don't even get me started)

So the rug went up on the shower rod and I went on with my morning.

Ten minutes later, I'm washing dishes and my pj pants are suddenly wet. I look down, and there is a puddle on the floor. I know I haven't had my coffee yet, but I didn't spill any water.

I go change, then look in my bathroom, remembering the wet rug. The entire floor is covered in water. A quick check under the sink reveals a nice layer of hot sudsy water as well. Dammit.

I move into the office where dad is sitting with his cute reading glasses. "Daadddyyyyyy. The floor is covered in water."

I hate to tell him this because after the hurricane there was damage to the roof and water pipes that was a pain in his ass, but what else am I supposed to do?

He comes in, looks under the sink and amidst the cleaning supplies and mountains of grocery bags goes, "You jammed too much crap under here and the joint came undone."

Oops.

He screwed it back on (after a small lecture) and I went to cleaning the water from the floors.

The plus side? My bathroom floors are really clean from the hot soapy water, and I have been meaning to clean out under the kitchen sink anyway.

Happy Monday Morning Ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink!

    ReplyDelete