12 July 2009

caterpillars, emergency rooms and kitchens

I was watering my garden and inspecting for any sign of veggie-ness, when I came across this little guy. I think I'll let him stay.


I got a cool closeup of a drop of water on his head.


I saw tons of new buds sprouting off of the existing plants, but no veggies yet. I guess they're not done with their growing stage. At least they're not dead!

I think it's weird that in my family there are no solitary emergency room visits. Every time one person goes, another person goes within a few weeks. A couple of years ago my dad had appendicitis, and then a couple of weeks Luke was in the emergency room with suspected appendicitis, but it turned out to be food poisoning or something.
Last month Ash was in the emergency room for her elbow, and last night Suzy was there with wicked food poisoning.
Moral of that story: Chinese food places are nasty. The doctor said the most common thing they see is food poisoning from the rice. A lot of restaurants cook a huge pot in the morning and let it sit there at the perfect bacteria-growing temperature all day, and then they re-use it the next morning if it's not all gone. The best places they said were Pei Wei and PF Changs. Perfect for me; they both have gluten free menus!

I tried making english muffins this morning. I'm very close to a good recipe.
I love to cook & bake. I could hang out in the kitchen all day screwing around, but I HATE doing the dishes. I'll scrub floors, toilets, dust, etc with no problem, but I hate doing the dishes. I wish I had a dishwasher.

I was going to go work out, but I think instead I'll crank down the AC and watch crappy lifetime movies.

1 comment: