04 July 2009

LOMAS!!

No! The family curse has caught up with me! The curse of the lomas.

A loma is a female whisker. My mom used to sit on the couch with tweezers watching tv absentmindedly feeling around on her chin for lomas. My grandma used to do the same thing. I always hoped that I would never find myself in that position.

Last night I was chillen at Missy's when I felt like a piece of hair was stuck to my jaw. After feeling around for a little while, I discovered that the hair was attached to my face. It was different from those fair, downy hairs that are normally on the face. It was long! Like, an inch long!

I ran to the bathroom and plucked that bad boy out. I've never noticed it before, but it had to take a while to grow that long. I wonder how long it's been there and I never noticed?

How gross! I am NOT happy to have inherited this loma thing. Hopefully it was just a fluke?

I bet that I will be sitting on my couch when I'm old watching tv plucking around for lomas. Missy said that when we're 80 years old she'll let me sit on her couch and pick my lomas. Now that's a good friend.

Except I'm sure I'll get them lasered off way before that happens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh ya, I had one of those for a while. It hasn't come back in a long time though, so hopefully it decided to give up. I actually discovered it when one of my really good male friends just reached up and plucked it out for me. It was not cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. 2 things here:

    1. you better hope none of your suitors read your blog or else none of 'em is gonna take you a courtin'

    2. My family curse: ear hair

    ReplyDelete