19 July 2009

junky

Today I cleaned out my junk drawer. Actually, I have a junk drawer and a junk cabinet in my kitchen. It takes up valuable kitchen storage, but I really have no other place to put it. I'll have to think of storage solutions.

BEFORE


AFTER



I know the before and after doesn't look that different, but I got rid of a lot of stuff, and added some stuff that was shoved in other random places around my room.

I keep the weirdest crap. Here's a sampling of what I found in the junk drawer

-a bag full of dead batteries- I knew that because they were labeled "dead." So I took the time to label them, but didn't throw them out. Hm. I guess I was going to find somewhere to dispose of them properly.

-some keys, one of which was the key to my uncle's old house. I also found the key to Pedro.

-a piece of parchment paper

-a paper lunch bag with a few bits torn off.

-about 15 pencils

-rubber bands, screws, cup hangers, and way too many twisty ties

-a few random chocolate chips

-two stripped screwdrivers

-the care instructions for my venus fly trap that died a long time ago

-a broken pair of eyeglasses

-the packages my seeds came in. I looked at the number of days to harvest, and they were all around 60-70 days. No wonder I'm not seeing anything yet. Derr. I freak out over the dumbest things.

In the cabinet I had:

-some leftover caulk from the shower incident

-a baggie full of dirt. I don't know why I had a baggie full of dirt in my kitchen.

-3 remotes that don't work with my TV

-a box full of switchplate covers, I suppose left over from when my room was built

-some more pieces of paper lunch bags. Why did I keep those??

-a Justin Timberlake CD

-a burnt out lightbulb

-3 flashlights

-a few tupperware lids. Just the lids.

-half-empty cans of spray paint, grout sealant, and spray glue

-the oven cleaner I've been looking for

-the extra shelf for my mini fridge

-extension cords

I know I put everything in there, but what the heck was I thinking with some of this stuff?

I challenge you to clean out your junk drawers. I would love to know what's in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment