19 July 2009

plants.

This morning my english muffin fell on the floor. It was frozen, so I rinsed it off and ate it anyway.

I found this guy in my garden. Good. Lady bugs won't eat my plants like the caterpillar.


My garden is doing the same. I gave it a really good watering yesterday, and then it rained a little. I wonder if I should give it plant food? When do plants need plant food? What kind of plant food do you give them? How much?

I know nothing about plants- except photosynthesis, cell structure, and a little bit of Mendel's genetics. Then it occured to me. Aren't plants supposed to flower before they grow fruits? Isn't that how Mendel did his cross-breeding to produce certain pea pod phenotypes? Isn't the point of flowers to attract bees who pollinate the plant and allow it to reproduce? I haven't seen any of my plants flower. How do you make plants flower?

I figured you could just plop a seed in the ground, give it water and light, and you'd get results. How come plants are so confusing?

I need to go get a Gardening for Dummies book.

I gotta run to Walmart this morning before the good christians get out of church.

No comments:

Post a Comment