11 July 2009

retail therapy


Boys, you won't care about this post.

Look at my new shoes. They look a little goofy with my multicolor patriotic toenails, but they're still cute. Now I just need somewhere to wear them.

I got paid in cash for that dog-sitting, and I was going to put it towards bills or my camera fund, but instead I decided on retail therapy. I went in every store shopping for accessories and dresses, but instead I would up with nothing but underwear- from 3 different stores. How did that happen??

I found a bra that actually fit from Dillard's for $20 on sale- amazing!

I got a tube top for $5 to wear as a "modesty panel" instead of layering hot camisoles.

I couldn't pass Victoria's Secret without going in, and their normal 5/$25 deal was 7/$25, and I couldn't resist.

The only sucky thing was, you remember those awesome tank tops I raved about last year? They were from Walmart and were only $5? I went to go stock up again because they've shrunk and are stained. They don't have them anymore!!! Noooooooo. I guess I have to move on. I consoled myself with 2 new pj tops that were $3 each.

My sisters and I have a new project: making over my mom. We go shopping with her, and convince her to NOT buy the same old boring things that don't fit right. We've given her some guidelines to finding clothes that would make her look better. Things like buying tops that are longer and not so boxy, picking colors and patterns, and also trying new necklines and cuts. She's wearing cute flip flops instead of tennis shoes every day, and we've broken her habit of putting her hair back in a headband every day... almost. We've even convinced her to try things on before buying them. What a concept...

Anyway, I helped her pick out some fabulous jewelry today. Some hoops and chandeliers. She is starting to pay attention to how she looks after so many years of taking care of us kids first and putting herself last. It's so fun helping her break out of her ruts.

Oh, and I tried that new Covergirl's lip stain stuff, and it's awesome. I don't wear lipstick because it looks shitty when it wears halfway off, and I hate reapplying it. Lip stain is the best ever.

Missy had on a great oversized cocktail ring the other day. I remember looking for them years ago and then just forgot about it until I saw hers. Now I am on the hunt for one again.

Anyway, I want to drink some wine and clean out my closet. We're all doing it and giving stuff to Goodwill on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are MARVELOUS!

    Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe have the best accessories!

    ReplyDelete