16 July 2009

Harry Potter and Walmart

These english muffins are SO GOOD.

Warning: Spoiler Alert!

So Harry Potter was awesome. There were some good chuckles, a few jumps, sad moments, suspense, mystery, and dark foreshadowing. I liked the movie a lot. I think it captured most of the book very well, especially the Harry-Ginny, Hermoine-Ron awkward adolescent romance. That was my favorite part. But the ending fizzled. I think they could have done a lot more with Dumbledore's death, and I wish they would have included the funeral with Fawkes and all that.

Ok enough being a dork.

You know those light bulbs? The traffic was too bad for us to go to Ikea before getting in line for the movie, so I couldn't get them. Then after the movie Chris called and wanted to go to Walmart. I love going to Walmart in the middle of the night. While we were there, we happened to go down the light bulb aisle and I mentioned my predicament. Of course, he picked some off the shelf and said, "These will work." Doubtful, I put them in the cart. Of course, I got home and tried them, and they worked perfectly. Sheesh, why is he always right? At least I have light again in my shower.

Quick rant: Why the heck do people take their kids to Walmart at midnight? Don't they have a bed time? Whenever I see kids in Walmart in the middle of the night, they're always cranky and crying. Either that or they're all slap-happy and running around like crazy. I've been there multiple times where the store associates had to announce over the loudspeaker to please control your children. Hel-lo parents, put those kids to bed! If you have to go shopping at Walmart in the middle of the night, at least act like you're somewhat of a good parent and discipline your children. Don't just let them scream their head off or run around bugging everyone or climbing on the restocking boxes. I swear.

I found water toys at the dollar store, and now I want to swim or go to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. f the kids are with me at the night at midnight it's because either we just got off a plane and they are full of crazy energy from napping and sitting still (and it's really only 9 at home) or because we just left the hospital or something.

    ReplyDelete