16 July 2009

oy, what a day

You remember that cute little caterpillar? That little fucker has devoured most of the pretty big leaves on my pepper plant. I promptly found him and threw him out of the garden. He was considerably bigger than he was a few days ago.

I skateboarded! My cute lab partner a couple semesters ago was big into skateboarding, and he let me try his out a couple times. I think he mostly wanted an excuse to flirt and catch me when I fell. Anyway, my brother brought a skateboard so I decided to try it out. I did halfway okay, and only wiped out once. A little road rash is good for the soul...

Today, Suzy ended up in sudden surgery getting her very infected gall bladder removed. That left me in the office all day and it was a mad mess. Phones going off, complicated jobs, re-scheduling, problem-solving, all while worrying about Sue, on only a few hours of sleep... it was a nerve-wracking, exhausting day.

Being good brothers and sisters, I cleaned her sheets and made up her bed all cozy, and Frank and Ash went and got her flowers and one of those helium balloons. Nothing like coming home to a fresh clean bed and a room full of cheerful flowers. She came home utterly exhausted and still loopy. Hopefully she'll be feeling much better soon.

I totally want to steal my brother's skateboard and get better at it. It was so fun. I'd buy one, but they're like 100 bucks.

Okay, bed time.

2 comments:

  1. Lesson learned: Don't skateboard in flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, how did you know I would not be wearing proper footwear? I was actually barefoot... :P

    ReplyDelete