31 July 2009

granola stealer and bangs

Scene: My dad is talking on the phone. As he's listening, I watch him look into my purse that's sitting on the desk, dig out a half-eaten granola bar, and start eating it. After he hung up the phone, I humorously asked him why he did that, and he looked surprised, and replied that he didn't even think about what he was doing. I laughed.

In other news, I have bangs (ish). I've had the same hairstyle since my freshman year of high school. I felt like I needed a change, so I asked Lori (my hair lady) for some of those "long, sideswept bangs." Nothing too drastic; I still wanted them to blend with my layers, but I wanted something noticeably different. Besides, if I hated them, my hair would always grow back.

After she cut and styled my hair and I had my glasses back on, I looked in the mirror and was unsure of what I saw. My hair doesn't exactly sweep over gracefully; The bangs were more like in a clump on the side of my head. I freaked internally for a second, then flipped and fluffed my hair a little bit and they fell a little more naturally.

Lori always gets my hair unbelievably straight. A little too straight, actually. I like a little more body. So, I can't tell what these new bangs will look like when I style my hair by myself.

I think I will like them, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment